View Full Version : new to ipaq need help!!!!!

johnsonink
11-20-2006, 03:44 AM
hey guys,
i just picked up a ipaq rx1955 off of a friend all i got from him was the ipaq and the usb cable i dont have the sowftware disk or anything. so i need help i dont know how to download music videos or anything any help is reall appreciated

dh
11-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Hey John,

I don't think the lack of the CD is going to cause you any problems. The main thing you are going to need is ActiveSynch software on your PC that you can download from microsoft.com.

For video and other files, you'll need to get a memory card, if your iPaq doesn't have one. I believe the 1955 uses SD cards which you can get from places like CompUSA or on-line. If you need to get a charger and AC adapter CompUSA can probably help you as well.

You'll find plenty of info in the forums here to help you get going.

johnsonink
11-20-2006, 05:44 AM
i went ahead and downloaded the activesnyc 4.2
i dont have a clue how to put songs onto the ipaq can u help me out?

JesterMania
11-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Install ActiveSync (either the 4.2 stable release or the 4.5 Beta), and connect your Pocket PC to your PC via the USB cable. ActiveSync will automatically launch and take you through some sort of a setup wizard. When that is done, open Windows Explorer and under "My Computer", there should be a new entry called "Mobile Device". Clicking on "Mobile Device" will give you access to your iPAQ's internal memory as well as any memory cards attached to the device. From there, you can copy/move/delete files as if the Mobile Device was an attached USB drive.

johnsonink
11-20-2006, 06:51 PM
jester i did exactly like you said and as far as seeing the file onmy desktop it is there. but once i look for it in the ipaq i cannot find it. i put a song in my .."my music" folder and on the dt it was there but when i tried to find it on the ipaq it was nowhere to be seen

Jfoo111
04-22-2007, 09:51 AM
THANX DUDES! I've been facing this problem too everytime!!

Cybrid
04-22-2007, 11:11 PM
In older devices there was a requirement that all such files be under the sd card/my documents/ folder, in newer ones there is a update library that need to be done where the device will search and store the location of the file for you.
Which OS? I'll be better able to provide advice after that info.