View Full Version : Remove Tasks categories?

hamishmacdonald
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm using a WM5.0 device and can't find any way to remove categories I no longer want in Tasks (or default ones I didn't want in the first place).

The only instructions I could find here were old ones involving dbExplorer, but it doesn't see anything but MSN categories under WM5.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ppcinfo
11-18-2006, 12:43 AM
WM 5 handles category labels differently than the older 2000, 2002, and 2003 OS. So, you don't have the option to delete unwanted category labels. The labels that are synced to your PPC device are those that are already associated with a task or appointment on your device. If you search and remove a particular category label from all your synced appointments and tasks, it should be removed from the list on your PPC device.

ppcinfo

hamishmacdonald
11-18-2006, 02:18 AM
That's exactly the problem: I've checked all my tasks, appointments, and contacts, and none of them use these category labels, nor are these categories in Outlook on my PC.

So if nothing's using them, in theory they should go away, but there they are.

tiggerr129
12-11-2006, 06:23 AM
I'd be happy if I could edit the ones that I misspelled. Mine were exported from the switch from Palm OS to PPC and many are no longer relevent. I had read that you vcan edit the default categories from the master list on your PC, but I haven't been able to.
I hope you get an answer