View Full Version : English GPS software for China

bedhead
11-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know who has GPS software for all of Guangdong Province China in english that can work with a PDA using Windows?
I have located one company that said they did (Mapking) but it only has a couple of cities, Shenzhen and Hongkong, and I need all the major cities in Guangdong province and the roads to get to them.
Thanks for your help

JesterMania
11-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Mapking is the only one I am aware of at the moment. I've tried it and like it a lot and they're also supposed to be coming out with an entire map set for Guandong provinces. They didn't say when that would be released though but it's on their website. Did you contact them to find out when they plan on releasing that?

bedhead
11-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Yes JM, I contacted them in Guangzhou last week, and even though they are in Guangzhou they have no map of Guangzhou, but thats CHINA. Mapking said SOON they would have the other cities but as you may know in china Soon can mean NEVER or a long time.
Are you in china?
Thanks for your help with both of my questions

JesterMania
11-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I'm also searching for a solution too. It's tricky to find proper GPS software for Asian countries. I'm not in China at the moment but I went to visit my relatives in HK (where Mapking is useful), so I thought I might as well grab something to cover the Mainland as well.

bedhead
11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks again JM and if you should come across a solution please let me know. I will also post any solutions I can find independently.