View Full Version : HTC TYTN

freakygreek
11-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi.

I have my gaze fixed upon the HTC TYTN but will like to know a few things.

Firstly how is the reception on the device on this I would appreciate any respones from my fellow canadians.

Secondly the sliding out keyboard how durable is it and over time will it loosen and freely slide out. This is what my friend believes is the failing of such designed devices.

Cheers

Peter

norristm
11-16-2006, 10:49 PM
I just got one this week and the phone/reception is better than my Treo 650. It seems to be a very well make device, still just getting use to it. I like the screen better for the email, but my try the Treo 750v when it comes to Cingular.

freakygreek
11-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. If nothing else catches my eye I try to score one for christmas.

Cheers.

Peter

Fedorov
11-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Just taking mine away with me for a 4-day trip to the Netherlands - my mates competing Sony P990i he had to put his spare battery in and that also gave up on our last day - my ONE battery was still showing 30-40% left when I got home which is pretty good for a 4-day trip and I used it to call home and text more than I would normally use it.

Cybrid
11-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Just taking mine away with me for a 4-day trip to the Netherlands - my mates competing Sony P990i he had to put his spare battery in and that also gave up on our last day - my ONE battery was still showing 30-40% left when I got home which is pretty good for a 4-day trip and I used it to call home and text more than I would normally use it.The age of your mates batteries is also an issue. Old batteries don't last as well as they used to...

johnmclean
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
To any canadian out there; can you suggest a location (in Canada) where i can buy 2 HTC TyTN units along with a few accessories?
thx.
JM

Menneisyys
11-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Just taking mine away with me for a 4-day trip to the Netherlands - my mates competing Sony P990i he had to put his spare battery in and that also gave up on our last day - my ONE battery was still showing 30-40% left when I got home which is pretty good for a 4-day trip and I used it to call home and text more than I would normally use it.The age of your mates batteries is also an issue. Old batteries don't last as well as they used to...

Yup, albeit the p990i is a new model. He may have been using A2DP or other battery-suckers though

Fedorov
11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Yup his P990i is brand new only a few weeks old like my TyTn, there is also a nice bug on the P990i whereby once you get the low battery warning you only have a couple of minutes of use left with the phone, has a few bugs that need firmware fixing - not saying the TyTn is bug free of course though! :)

kiwi
12-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Just taking mine away with me for a 4-day trip to the Netherlands - my mates competing Sony P990i he had to put his spare battery in and that also gave up on our last day - my ONE battery was still showing 30-40% left when I got home which is pretty good for a 4-day trip and I used it to call home and text more than I would normally use it.

wow!

thats impressive! Are the rest of the HTC PPC phone editions like this?

alex.puddephatt
12-20-2006, 09:24 PM
I've had a HTC TYTN in the UK for about 2 months now.

Battery life - I'm not exceptionally impressed. Mine lasts 2 or 3 days between charges. :idea: I let it go down to the battery warning message to try reducing the 'memory' effect as it gets older: that made my Nokia 3230 a dead duck after 6 months.
Also, using Wifi eats battery big time. Using or just leaving Bluetooth on uses noticeably more battery.

Reception - I drive 100 miles to work daily, so on-the-move reception is tested.
Its OK, nothing special, but about equal as my previous Nokia 3230.

HOWEVER I've found nothing in 3 years to match the *exceptional* battery life, reception & reliability of my old Nokia 6310i.
Shame designers don't seem to build on the best previous models. :roll:

Fedorov
12-20-2006, 09:52 PM
2 or 3 days battery life is pretty good I think for a phone with this many features and you've got to expect wifi/bluetooth to drain the batter a bit more - if you've got bluetooth ON for your daily driving then it will drain quicker than mine, I try to keep wifi/bluetooth off as much as possible :)

Great phone though!

martin_ayton
12-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Meneisyys blew that 'bluetooth is a power hog' myth a while back: Having bluetooth switched on on correctly designed and built PPCs does not appreciably drain the battery. Using bluetooth does, of course have implications, but just having it on in stand-by is pretty safe.[/url]

Fedorov
12-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry, that seems correct, wifi is the killer :)

Nurhisham Hussein
12-22-2006, 12:12 PM
I let it go down to the battery warning message to try reducing the 'memory' effect as it gets older: that made my Nokia 3230 a dead duck after 6 months.

There is no 'memory' effect with modern LiIon batteries - in fact by running it down like that you substantially reduce the battery lifetime.