View Full Version : 500$ GPS,PDA,GSM Phone

bedhead
11-11-2006, 03:51 AM
I am trying to decide what to purchase and I know nothing about these products.
I want an all in one GSM phone PDA and GPS for around 500-700$ what do you all think would be the best model to purchase?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad Adrian
11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
A lot is going to depend on what phone carriers are in your area, because a lot of wireless phone companies only offer/support a limited number of devices.

A really good starting point for making some side-by-side device comparisons is on this Pocket PC Magazine page:

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/bg04/ppcs.asp

Where are you located? What are some of the other specific things you'll be using the device for? Watching videos? Photo editing? How important is compact size? Which is more important to you: smaller size/weight or higher resolution screen?

If you can help with these questions, we can give you some more pointed guidance.

bedhead
11-15-2006, 05:02 AM
Brad,
I am in the southern part of China. Guangzhou (2 hours drive from Hong Kong)to be exact. Their are only 2 GSM carriers, China Unicom And China Mobile. I have SIM cards with both companies since coverage is different in different areas of Guagdong province.
Main Usage of this new device will be
1. GSM PHONE
2. GPS
3. Recieving and answering emails and text messaging.
Size is not important because I need a big screen to use the GPS fuction while driving. I am not concerned about making a fashion statement. I guess watching vieos would be nice but not something I would do very often.

Thanks for your help.