View Full Version : PSP or VGA pocket pc?

jornada720
11-11-2006, 01:20 AM
I was reading about the Sony PSP. It has a 16k screen, 4.3", and has a resolution of 480 x 278. I was wondering if a pocket pc would be an adequate replacement of one of these. What games could I get for a VGA pocket pc.

P.S. Are there any really good racing games like Midnight Madness 3 or something like that for pocket pc? Thanks! :)

Darius Wey
11-11-2006, 05:20 AM
If you're only interested in gaming, then go with the PSP. A Pocket PC, while capable, tends to have less gaming titles since it's more of an information management-oriented device. That's not to say that there aren't great games available - for example, there's Call of Duty 2, K-Rally, Flux Challenge, Stuntcar Extreme, Tony Hawk, plus very soon, there'll be support for Xbox Live Arcade games via Microsoft's Live Anywhere service. But all the serious, big-name titles live on the PSP, DS, etc.

JesterMania
11-11-2006, 05:30 AM
I agree with Darius. I was actually contemplating PPC vs PSP a year ago and I eventually chose the PPC and I was happy I wasn't into gaming on these handheld devices. Even if there are good games for PPC (I love running the NES/SNES emulators) most PPCs have D-Pads inadequate for gaming. I haven't tried a PPC with a slide-out keyboard (with arrow keys) though - could be marginally better.

Almost forgot, I wanted to add that I was surprised at the lack of compatibility of some games with various Pocket PC models regarding input. Some games such as Worms refuse to detect any buttons on my iPAQ. The same goes with some other titles as well.

isajoo
11-23-2006, 07:27 AM
same here, i bought a psp, but returned the next day. ppc are just sooo much more than a psp. if i want to play games then i would use my 40" lcd with my ps2...now thats gaming. i played a few times on freinds psp, but what device can u stream straight onto ur ppc both mp3 and movies from your home network, make free skype long distance call...till end of this year although and surf the web, download all kinds of files, even torrents, play games mostly freeware, get all types of news/weather info...addon a gps and go mapaps all over town. use bluetooth/cellphone to get on web anywhere u want. and still get the same battery life of a full size laptop, but this device is in your pocket. even a psp is hard to conceal in a pants pocket. instant messenger, 1000's of great softwares from a-z apps. univeral remote. u getting the picture. i paid $250 for psp...but the ppc cost me $350. it is well worth it. touchscreen,stylus...full screen software keyboards. psp's do not just run straight out of the box...u have to buy games, or buy movies, or download content on to a memory card to use it. yes u could load memory cards on ppc...but u dont have to. use orb over wifi. i always hated anything that was remotely like a ppc..tried palm devices, tried mini laptops...even psp or mp3 players. there is nothing better than a ppc. it is the world greatest invention of all time.

mv
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
there is nothing better than a ppc. it is the world greatest invention of all time.

I Agree. :D :D :D . Unless it`s a rx1950... then it sucks. :D

jezebelus
04-26-2007, 07:36 PM
If you like games more then computers then PSP is great solution but if you like OS, apps and the other kind of similar stuff PPC is for you, but don't expect to play high quality games like PSP offers. I know what I would choose, PPC all the way of course :D