View Full Version : PPC 6700 Battery completely crapped out after 1 year of use, no longer charging

purefusion
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Anyone else experience this issue? I've had my phone since Oct 15 of last year, and now it doesn't seem to want to charge. I've tried 3 chargers. At first I though it was the port, but I just took the battery out of the back and put it in the charging stand by itself and it's still not charging. Currently has a 20% charge. I'm hoping it's just the battery, but this is pretty crazy!

This is my business phone and I can't rely on it being down. And call forwarding is $.20 per minute, ouch!

Darius Wey
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
A friend of mine had a battery that crapped out on him after a year and a half. It exhibited the same problems as yours, so he simply replaced it and all was good again.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm hoping it's just the battery, but this is pretty crazy!

If you frequently run down the battery, then a year sounds about right in terms of battery lifespan. Investing in another battery is a good idea anyway, if this is your business phone.

purefusion
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Sounds about right, although today I was just shaking the phone with the charger plugged in and it would go back and forth. Maybe there's something inside the battery, or contacts or somthing that is lose? I'm going to run it over to Sprint store and have them run a diagnostic. But I think I will get a new battery anyway. :D

Brad Adrian
11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
But I think I will get a new battery anyway. :D
Unfortunately, a year is about as long as most manufacturers claim a constantly-used phone/PDA battery should last. Personally, I think it's a bunch of crap and that they should do better, but the battery manufacturers, phone vendors and telecom carriers all benefit when devices poop out after a year.

Sorry. Feeling a little rantish today.

purefusion
11-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Got a new battery off ebay for 10 bucks, OEM too. I'm still using the old battery though, because it's been charging lately. But I'll keep it as a backup in any case.