View Full Version : hw6945 Newbie needs help

dhuston
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
This is my first PDA since my old Palm m105, so please excuse my ignorance on some this stuff.

My questions are:

1. Is there an equivalent to the 'Control' key on iPaqs? I like to quit my apps when finished, and I've been told the easiest way is 'Control'+Q, but I can't find a 'Control' key on the 6945.

2. I am using t-Mobile prepaid, and don't have a data plan. I am attempting to do all of my online stuff via Wi-Fi. I can browse the internet fine, but after setting up my email (my work uses an exchange server), it keeps trying to connect to t-Mobile's EDGE network, and therefore won't send/receive. Can't I access my email via Wi-Fi?

3. I know you have to have an Application to use the GPS. I downloaded a map to use with Pocket Streets. I open the map, goto the GPS symbol, and tap Start. It searches, but never finds anything, or tells me to check my COM port.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nurhisham Hussein
11-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Welcome to PPCT!

1. Is there an equivalent to the 'Control' key on iPaqs? I like to quit my apps when finished, and I've been told the easiest way is 'Control'+Q, but I can't find a 'Control' key on the 6945.

I think it's more common for people to use a task manager, like Magic Button (http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx), than to use Ctrl-Q. Quicker that way, too.

2. I am using t-Mobile prepaid, and don't have a data plan. I am attempting to do all of my online stuff via Wi-Fi. I can browse the internet fine, but after setting up my email (my work uses an exchange server), it keeps trying to connect to t-Mobile's EDGE network, and therefore won't send/receive. Can't I access my email via Wi-Fi?

Your network configuration is pointing towards GPRS/EGPRS. What you need to do is create a blank network configuration, and switch to that when using wifi (you'll need to switch back if you ever get around to using GPRS). To create a blank network profile, go to Start->Settings->connections tab->Connections->Advanced tab->Select networks->Click "New...". Just give a name for your connection (like 'wifi'), and click ok. Make sure it's selected in both dropdown boxes, and have a go.

dhuston
11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks. All is working well now. Got the GPS working as well.