View Full Version : JSR-75 PDA Optional Package API! :idea:

Saguna
11-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone!

I want to know if the JSR-75 Optional Package Java API is available any where for download! There is a Reference Implementation and a Technology Compatibility kit available on Sun's Website http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/j-pda-op/

Can somebody tell if this can be used on iPaq pocket pc or not?

Also, i wish to know if there is any other way to open, read n write to a normal text file in a PDA, basically normal file handling operations using Java VM like J9 or CrEme 4.2?

cheers,
Saguna.

Menneisyys
11-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Also, i wish to know if there is any other way to open, read n write to a normal text file in a PDA, basically normal file handling operations using Java VM like J9 or CrEme 4.2?

Yes, FileInput/OutputStreams and Writers/Readers work without problems.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Saguna, welcome to PPCT.

It is not necessary to duplicate your posts in different sections of the forum - most regulars use the new topics function, which will list out all new topics irrespective of the section it's posted in. I've deleted your other post as a result - I hope you take this the right way.

Saguna
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
:D

Thanks for ur help!

And sorry for making a number of posts, I will make just one post from next time!

There is one more thing, is it possible to do file handling with J2ME in mobile phones such as Nokia and Motorola?