View Full Version : upgraded rom on 8125 and battery meter is stuck at 100%

schmenge
10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
I upgraded to the new rom on HTCs website. At first I was pretty impressed with the improved battery life. But now I have realized that the meter always shows 100%. Has anybody else seen this, or know of a fix? I think all the third party apps are using the builtin to show status.

Janak Parekh
11-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Which meter? The new one in the title bar? If so, do realize it is very rough: it basically has two positions, either full, or roughly 50-60%.

Now, if Control Panel's Power applet always shows 100%, then we have a potential problem...

--janak

schmenge
11-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Which meter? The new one in the title bar? If so, do realize it is very rough: it basically has two positions, either full, or roughly 50-60%.

Now, if Control Panel's Power applet always shows 100%, then we have a potential problem...

--janak

It is the control panels power applet. I did some poking around on the xda-developers program after I posted and found a post about this. It seems like in most cases it takes a while for the battery to show anything other than 100% and then it drops quickly. I ran full brightness, BT, wi-fi and talked on the phone for a bit and finally the battery level did drop to 93%. It has not dropped since so I am guessing it will hang here and then dip again. Maybe the battery life is really a lot better. :wink:

Janak Parekh
11-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Well, try running it down further and see what happens. It's possible the power management was improved, and/or bugs were fixed that were possibly causing the power to dip faster. The 8125 is supposed to be one of the longest-lasting Pocket PC Phones out there.

--janak

schmenge
11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks, that's a good idea (running it down a bit more)