View Full Version : Did your device handle the time change?

ctmagnus
10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
This was the first time I've had a WM5 device during a DST change. When I woke up this morning, the time on the device had not changed.

I'm just wondering if it's a WM5 thing, or if there's something missing from my device, or what, that it did not update the time this time. All my Pocket PC 2000, 2002, and Windows Mobile 2003 devices had no issues with DST changes.

schmenge
10-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Don't recall if it worked in the spring, but it did this time. 8125

Sven Johannsen
10-30-2006, 02:36 AM
K-Jam and PDA-N picked up the change OK.

Are you sure you have the right option selected for your timezone? The differences within a timezone are basically when, or if, they change twice a year. For instance -7 Mountain Time does observe DST, but -7 Arizona does not.

carln
10-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Yes, it worked! I have a PPC-6700 with WIN5, woke me up at 4:45am just like it should and had a little notification saying "the time was changed, make sure it was changed correctly". So very happy. Since we had to "fall back" I decided to trust it even though I had to be at work by 5am..... at worst I would be early... lol

So glad to know it did what it is suppose to!!

Carl

buckyg
10-30-2006, 03:23 AM
Worked both on my iPAQ hx4705 (Wm5 2.01) and my wife's 5555!

ctmagnus
10-30-2006, 05:28 AM
For those that the time did change on their device, do any of you use MemMaid of similar to check the device's notification queue? If so, did you notice anything that would trigger the change?

I've been poking around in my notification queue a lot lately, being very careful to not delete anything, and I didn't see anything that caught my eye as something that would trigger a time change. I've got calnot and clocknot in the queue, with AppRunAfterTimeChange as the argument, but those obviously didn't trigger the time change.

pheral
10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
My Acer on WM5 didn't :(
Not that i mind that much, it changed as soon as i synched with my computer and that'll do for me. Luckily i don't use it as an alarm.

Phillip Dyson
10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Mine worked. It was a bit disconcerting...
Normally I have at least one clock that I know wont adjust. So I use it as a control to make sure other clocks are correct.

But between my WM devices, PCs, my cable box, PVR, and my radio updated alarm clock... they were all updated. I took me a while to be secure that it happened.

Tony Rylow
11-03-2006, 04:49 PM
My TMobile MDA with WM5 handled the change just fine. I was playing a game of Sudoku in bed and got a popup that it was changed.

ctmagnus
11-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Hmm... I was fiddling in MemMaid this morning, and it appears that the time change notification decided to make an appearance.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/3482/Time%20change%20notification.png

Is there any reason for why it would randomly disappear and then show up again?