View Full Version : Cannot save in Word Mobile, supposedly there is "not enough memory to save the document."

purefusion
10-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Word Mobile Won't Save Documents, Claiming Lack of Memory. After taking notes on a seminar using Word Mobile, I have frequently experienced that Word Mobile won't save the document, claiming a lack of memory / storage space. This is the case even though I have a 1 GB storage card inserted into the device at all times, which has over 970 MB of space available. The only alternative is to discard what I have written, even if it's adding a simple sentance to an existing file. I can't trust this thing! I've also tried stopping other programs. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. In any case, this needs to be failproof.

I'm on a PPC6700, Windows Mobile 5.

Cybrid
10-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Word Mobile Won't Save Documents, Claiming Lack of Memory. After taking notes on a seminar using Word Mobile, I have frequently experienced that Word Mobile won't save the document, claiming a lack of memory / storage space. This is the case even though I have a 1 GB storage card inserted into the device at all times, which has over 970 MB of space available. The only alternative is to discard what I have written, even if it's adding a simple sentance to an existing file. I can't trust this thing! I've also tried stopping other programs. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. In any case, this needs to be failproof.

I'm on a PPC6700, Windows Mobile 5.I've had similar problems on my 6700. Since the update that has vanished. Previously though it did drive me to not use it at all.

purefusion
10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I'm a post-it note-aholic, and I'm trying to get away from that, but this makes it hard. I have been thinking about updating, and weighing the good and bad (not much bad, other than the hassle of it). But it would take less than an hour, as long as I sync beforehand, right?

Cybrid
10-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I'm a post-it note-aholic, and I'm trying to get away from that, but this makes it hard. I have been thinking about updating, and weighing the good and bad (not much bad, other than the hassle of it). But it would take less than an hour, as long as I sync beforehand, right?Yes. About that long. Follow the instructions precisely.