View Full Version : Active Sync Problem

j-dub562
10-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Im having a problem installing apps to my SD card. When I connect my s200 to my comp I can drag and drop items into my SD card w/no hassle, but when I try to install apps it automatically installs to the internal storage. Active Sync does not even ask where I want to install the program to. I usually use an iPAQ 6515, but I just got this phone as a gift and I have not been able install any apps to the SD cad on my s200. The iPAQ is still runnig with no problems I tested it already. Please help---thank you.

Brad Adrian
10-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry, but I can't remember what version of Windows Mobile the s200 runs. If it's an older version than WM5, the default may be set to always install to internal storage.

On your PC, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Activesync and double-click on CEAPPMGR.EXE. If you see a checkmark in the box that says "Install program into the default installation folder," UN-check it and see if that helps.

j-dub562
10-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Qtek S200 runs WM5, gonna try waht you suggested. Thank you for the help, Ill keep you posted.

j-dub562
10-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Ok, I ran CEAPPMGR.EXE, but the option to choose where to install the program is not accessible. I dont know why this is, when I had my iPAQ I had no problems, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that does not work----getting really frustrated here.