View Full Version : How to "release and answer" calls

CEONelson
10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
So my trusty Sony Ericsson T68i that I had for almost 4 years finally bit the dust and I went ahead and got a new T-Mobile MDA. The slideout keyboard is great and it is nice not to have to carry a phone and pda around (I stopped using my beatup HP 2210). However, one thing that is really annoying is that I can't figure out how to do a "release and answer" on this thing.

The scenario is as follows: I call up person A and get sent to their voicemail. Person A, seeing that they missed a call from me, call me back while I am still listening to retarded "how to leave a voicemail" message. The only two options on my phone are answer or ignore. I hit answer since I want to talk to them and then proceed to leave a blank voicemail for them and waste my minutes while I am actually talking to them on the other call.

Is there any way to tell the thing to drop the current call before answering the incoming one so this doesn't happen?

Thanks!

Brad Adrian
10-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I believe what you can do is press the "red handset" button first, which will disconnect your outbound call, then press the softkey that lets you accept the inbound call.

CEONelson
10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Either that works or the person I was on the phone with actually hung up when I told them I had to take the other call!

Brad Adrian
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Naw! I'm sure that nobody would ever hang up on you!