View Full Version : control desktop pc from pda with Bluetooh

guimenez
10-23-2006, 12:30 PM
hello people.
does anyone know any software that can control my desktop pc with bluetooth (like controlfreak). all the software that i've seen, we need to configure IP and bla,bla,bla.
i just want a server app on pc that receives comands from my PDA.

or other app that can do this:
Record some keys like (Ctrl + Esc) and send to pc and the pc execute the keyboard command.

i hope someone help-me

thanks

Darius Wey
10-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Check out PPC Tablet (http://www.aacompserv.com/AACompWeb/Modules/PPCTablet/WhatIsIt.aspx?sys_NavBarSelectedNodeID=002.001.000). It does everything you've mentioned. There are also some downloadable profiles that extend the functionality of the application.

Menneisyys
10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Please also see the links / tips at http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139677

guimenez
10-23-2006, 08:26 PM
many many thanks.

your great.

my problem it's that i can't make a conection between my pda (qtek s100)
and my notebook.

please help-me how to do it

thanks again

Darius Wey
10-24-2006, 03:49 AM
my problem it's that i can't make a conection between my pda (qtek s100) and my notebook.

What problems are you experiencing? If you can provide additional details, we'll be able to help you better.

guimenez
10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
ok.
first of all, i can't choose in pda (mobile2003) the port for comunication.
a go to programs and choose active sync. Then i choose bluetooth conection and it says coms port already in use. (this option is for using bluetooth with activesync. another way it's creating a PAN, but i don't know how to do it.

my notebook detects my pda and i sincronize with a key 1234 and i can transfer files (but i can't make the pocket tablet comunicate with my pda.

when i'm using usb cable it works fine.

i hope you can help-me.

thanks

Darius Wey
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Check out this guide (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3163) (there are more available if you search for it) for setting up a Bluetooth ActiveSync connection. This is often the biggest hurdle for many users, so once you get this out of the way, it should be a home run. Following that, simply launch PPC Tablet, type in the name or IP of your computer, and then hit the "Connect" button.

guimenez
10-24-2006, 03:32 PM
thanks.

my problem it's that i follow the guide and everthing works (almost), but when i go to my pda activesync and choose bluetooth comunication, it gives me an error (comuniction port already in use). i can't change any port because i can't find anywhere to do it. and i don't know whats the port in use.

thnks

Darius Wey
10-25-2006, 02:17 AM
The guide shows how to assign an incoming port on the computer. That's what needs changing. Delete the existing (if it's not in use) and assign a new port number (one you believe isn't in use). That should get things rolling.

Also, in ActiveSync, select File > Connection Settings, and ensure that the port number specified matches the one you've assigned in the Bluetooth settings.

guimenez
10-25-2006, 10:15 AM
i've ready the guide, but my problem it's not to make a incoming port in windows, because i can do that, know i have 4 incomings ports, but my problem it's not the computer, it's the PDA because it always says: "cannot start communications with the desktop computer. another program may be using the port". i've made a hard reset and nothing.
and i can't see what program it's using the port and i don't know what port can use.

i can pair my pda with my notebook and transfer files. but what i want it's, use activesync with bluetooth for use pocket tablet, or vnc.

i'm getting desperate.

thanks

Darius Wey
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
i've ready the guide, but my problem it's not to make a incoming port in windows, because i can do that, know i have 4 incomings ports, but my problem it's not the computer, it's the PDA because it always says: "cannot start communications with the desktop computer. another program may be using the port". i've made a hard reset and nothing.
and i can't see what program it's using the port and i don't know what port can use.

Well, that was my previous point. While configuring incoming ports in Windows seems like a solution that's separate from the PDA, it is in fact related. You said you have four ports established. Are you using them all? If not, delete all but one. Your PDA will use whichever incoming port you have specified in that Bluetooth settings panel (since you've currently configured so many ports, it's getting confused and this is probably the reason why your PDA is having issues connecting). Also ensure the incoming port number that you have selected is specified in ActiveSync's Connection Settings.

guimenez
10-25-2006, 06:42 PM
ok, thats when i was disperate.

but i just use one and activesync has the same port.

my problem it's that my pda says port blocked, and it doesn't work
in activesync

i can just transfer files with windows and pda via bluetooth

Darius Wey
10-26-2006, 03:14 AM
but i just use one and activesync has the same port.

my problem it's that my pda says port blocked, and it doesn't work
in activesync

Have you tried changing port numbers to one that isn't (apparently) blocked? Try choosing one that's higher, as often is the case that the lower port numbers are reserved for input devices.

guimenez
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
my problem, it's that i can change the port that my pda is using, if i can change the port may be i can communicate with my notebook.

the main problem it's the pda and not the pc.

because i can send files from file explorer to my notebook.

but the pda activesync gives me always error (port is being used)

thanks