View Full Version : How to remove eTrust antivirus from HTC Terminal

stepi
10-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi!
I'm a new member here. I've a little problem with my I-Mate JasJar.
A couple of months ago, I sended it to the technical assistance for an hardware damage. They fixed it, and made an upgrade to the software. Now my device use Windows Mobile V5.0 release 5.1.195 (build 14847.2.0.0).

The problem is that with the new version of the operstive sistem i can't remove the antivirus (Computer Associates eTrust). Neither removing it from the software list on the pocket PC or via the registry editor.
Someone could help me? Thanks in advice!

Stefano

Darius Wey
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Unfortunately, software embedded in ROM is not easy to remove. Your only realistic option is to prevent it from installing in the first place. This will require a hard reset. In most cases, manufacturers choose to install custom applications in the first few seconds following a hard reset - usually known as the initialization phase. If you soft reset during this phase (so, immediately after a hard reset), you should be able to prevent that anti-virus application from installing.

stepi
10-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks for your reply...
the solution you pourpose is the one i follow.. but I tought that there was something more ..."clean" :-)
thanks!
s.e.