View Full Version : Full-sized Bluetooth Keyboard compatible with PPC?

MultiMatt
10-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Curious if anyone can confirm whether or not a full-sized bluetooth keyboard would be compatible with a Pocket PC.
Does the BT profile support such a thing?

At my new job, I am not allowed to sync my device with the work PC, so my idea is to bring in an extra cradle (so my device sits upright and is constantly getting a charge while at my desk), and ideally, I would love to have a keyboard to enter data as needed. I'm spoiled using Pocket Controller (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=1547&associateid=258) when I'm at home!

I know that there are keyboards like the Stowaway that are specifically designed to use with PDA's while on the go - I just wanted to be able to use a full-sized keyboard (preferrably ergonomic) if it's possible!

Thanks!
Matt

Nurhisham Hussein
10-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Curious if anyone can confirm whether or not a full-sized bluetooth keyboard would be compatible with a Pocket PC.
Does the BT profile support such a thing?

AFAIK, you shouldn't have a problem at all - the BT profiles aren't restricted to mobile acessories only. I do something similar - I just hook up any old USB keyboard lying around, thanks to having USB host on my device.

Brad Adrian
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
FWIW, you could connect your Pocket PC in Guest mode and not synchronize it, allowing you to still use Pocket Controller. And, if you're not allowed to install software on your work PC, you might try installing Activesync and Controller to a USB thumbdrive (I don't know, though, if ActiveSync will run that way.).

This might not be in keeping with your company's policies, but it's a thought.