View Full Version : HP6940 Storage Card Issues.

dh
10-19-2006, 01:46 AM
I've been using my new 6940 for a week or so and everything is going great with one exception.

For some reason, my files on the miniSD card seem to disapear every now and again. If I try to run a program from the card or open a file I get the neverending spinning thing.

Looking at the card in Resco Explorer, the directories are on the card but they are all empty. To get the files back I can either remove and replace the card or soft reset.

This happens several times a day and is getting very frustrating.

The card is a Kingston 1GB and I've formatted it FAT32. I had been using the card in my SP5 with no problems at all. I'm planning to get a 2GB Sandisk card but I don't want to spend more and have the same problem.

Would anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

dh
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
C'mon guys, there must be someone with some insight into this. Looking at some of the other PPC sites, this seems to be a quite common issue, but I've never seen a reason or a solution posted.

It's really strange, the card works fine for a while, then any apps on it just stop working. Looking at the card in Resco Explorer, I see the top level directories, but no sub-directories or files. Removing the card and replacing it a few times brings everything back.

This is really annoying, I've had to re-install all my apps in main memory, which I hate to have to do. I'll get another card to try in the morning. If it doesn't work I guess I can take it back to CompUSA.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hx4700
10-23-2006, 05:44 PM
I have the Hw6945 using a Transcend 2gig miniSD. I have a Kingston 1gig as backup. I haven't noticed any problems with the cards yet.
But for the Hx4700 I also have, there are many threads about the regular SD size card having problems - mostly blamed on the firmware interface code to the SD slot (maybe the problem, maybe not). Directories and files would disappear, but then be ok on the desktop, or even ok after removing and reinserting in the ppc. I hope this problem hasn't come over to the 6900's.
Ron...

dh
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey Ron, I.ve been using a new Sandisk 2GB card for a couple of days and things are looking much better.

None of the checks ever found anything wrong with my original Kingston card so it will probably remain a mystery.

It's great to finally have everything working properly.