View Full Version : PLEASE help with stupid calendar popups!!!!!

azza717
10-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi All,

I have got an i-mate Pocket PC

My problem is that as soon as i boot the phone up after loading the today screen, it will randomly go into my calendar and open a new appt. Sometimes i dont even have to press anything and it will do it other times whenever i click something. This is so bad i can nearly not use the phone (unfortunately out of warranty)

I have just upgraded the firmware to the latest the www.clubimate.com has (as at 18/10/06) and the problem is still happening so I am beginning to wonder whether it is actually a hardware fault. however is it possible for me to remove the calendar.exe (and any other files i might need) so that the calendar cannot open as i dont use it anyway. whenever i dock it and try to just delete the executable it says that i cannot do this because i can't delete off the ROM.

Any idea's/recommendations? Or should i pack her up and take her to the phone repair guys in the city?

Also sorry but i am a total n00b when it comes to these as this is my second day with the device. so if poss please make any references to software, free and easy to understand (if this is possible)

Thanks in advance!!!

Azza :oops:

Cybrid
10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi All,

I have got an i-mate Pocket PC

My problem is that as soon as i boot the phone up after loading the today screen, it will randomly go into my calendar and open a new appt. Sometimes i dont even have to press anything and it will do it other times whenever i click something. This is so bad i can nearly not use the phone (unfortunately out of warranty)

I have just upgraded the firmware to the latest the www.clubimate.com has (as at 18/10/06) and the problem is still happening so I am beginning to wonder whether it is actually a hardware fault. however is it possible for me to remove the calendar.exe (and any other files i might need) so that the calendar cannot open as i dont use it anyway. whenever i dock it and try to just delete the executable it says that i cannot do this because i can't delete off the ROM.

Any idea's/recommendations? Or should i pack her up and take her to the phone repair guys in the city?

Also sorry but i am a total n00b when it comes to these as this is my second day with the device. so if poss please make any references to software, free and easy to understand (if this is possible)

Thanks in advance!!!

Azza :oops:See if unmaping the calendar button helps.