View Full Version : E-200 WiFi Help?

myspacemyk
10-17-2006, 01:21 AM
I have no idea what I am doing. I have a Casio E-200 pocketPC and a SanDisk WiFi card. I trying to connect to my internet at my house, I have a wireless router and my laptop can get the internet but I dont now how to connect my pocketPC to the internet via WiFi. Can some give me a step by step guide on how to connect to the internet when I am at StarBucks or at the Office and get internet??? Please Help??

Cybrid
10-17-2006, 03:37 AM
I have no idea what I am doing. I have a Casio E-200 pocketPC and a SanDisk WiFi card. I trying to connect to my internet at my house, I have a wireless router and my laptop can get the internet but I dont now how to connect my pocketPC to the internet via WiFi. Can some give me a step by step guide on how to connect to the internet when I am at StarBucks or at the Office and get internet??? Please Help??This guide is assuming a few things such as your router wireless enabled, encryption disabled, Card software installed and card inserted (no error message/ green light blinking).
Depending on which wireless card, the software was changed between the Sandisk Connect and Sandisk Connect Plus cards...You'll need to experiment.

Recommended reading. (http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/connectionmanager.htm) I recommend changing the settings to work. More stable. You don't need a proxy at home but be familiar with the location in case your office environment requires it. Ask IT.
.....In the card's driver software scan for your SSID (your router name).
Select connect to that SSID.
When the card seems to connect...you may need an IP configuration software like* Free! VxIpConfig (www.cam.com)
Release & renew until you get an IP like 192.168.xxx.xxx. The 169.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses indicate no connection
Once you have a valid 192.168.xxx.xxx address and the blinking light goes steady green....you're good to go.

* Connect Plus had a renew IP function while the Connect did not.