View Full Version : Ipaq 3650

tony6264
10-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I just bought a Ipaq 3650 on Ebay last night and in the listing it said it comes with 2 docking cradles...one of them it said has a expansion slot in the back....what would that be for? sd card?....anyway they said it works perfect and it was only $32.00 plus shipping...good deal?
thanks

Cybrid
10-17-2006, 03:55 AM
I just bought a Ipaq 3650 on Ebay last night and in the listing it said it comes with 2 docking cradles...one of them it said has a expansion slot in the back....what would that be for? sd card?....anyway they said it works perfect and it was only $32.00 plus shipping...good deal?
thanks Yes. decent deal.

tony6264
10-18-2006, 01:40 AM
OK well that sounds good...what about the expansion slot? any thoughts?

Cybrid
10-18-2006, 01:47 AM
The 3650 did not have a native slot. It did have expansion sleeves that were CF or PCMCIA.

tony6264
10-18-2006, 02:11 AM
would that be built into the docking cradle?

tony6264
10-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Also, if this has a pcmcia card slot...does that mean that with the right drivers I can use one of my pcmcia cards without anything else? And is there any chance that my original cd for the pcmcia wireless card will have the proper drivers?

Cybrid
10-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Also, if this has a pcmcia card slot...does that mean that with the right drivers I can use one of my pcmcia cards without anything else? And is there any chance that my original cd for the pcmcia wireless card will have the proper drivers?The sleeve couldn't be mistaken for a docking cradle. Yes...with the appropriate driver you can run a pcmcia card. Hard to get compatible cards though.
P.S. a reply to a thread sends out a notification email. A pm about the thread sends out an email. Two emails on the same subject could get dull quickly ;)

tony6264
10-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Sorry about that...I just wanted to make sure that you saw that I had more questions...Now when you say a compatable pcmcia device, any ones in particular..i have a motorola and a D-link.

Janak Parekh
10-18-2006, 04:55 AM
This doesn't quite make sense. The 3650 cradles don't have an expansion slot. Now, is it possible that he meant one cradle and an expansion sleeve? If so, there are several types of sleeves...

--janak

Janak Parekh
10-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Sorry about that...I just wanted to make sure that you saw that I had more questions...Now when you say a compatable pcmcia device, any ones in particular..i have a motorola and a D-link.
Well, before you start researching this, find out if it's actually an expansion sleeve, and if so, what kind. Only a PC Card/PCMCIA expansion sleeve would handle a "compatible PCMCIA card". If it's a CF sleeve, the discussion is moot.

As for which ones would work with a PC Card sleeve, you need to go to the manufacturer's website and see if they have Windows CE/Pocket PC drivers for the ARM processor. (Also, I don't remember, but I don't think Cardbus is supported in the PCMCIA sleeve... in case you're wondering, the Cardbus standard refers to 32-bit PC cards with the golden bumps near the connector end.)

--janak