View Full Version : Used Scarybear "Check Notification" Now Activesync is broken. Must I do a complete clear now?

larrydj
10-15-2006, 01:24 AM
I was having alarm problems, and sought the advice from the topic "Are you having alarm/reminder problems with your Windows Mobile 5 device?"

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46115

I was also having reminder problems. They didn't go off at all, even without turning the PDA off. So I downloaded the ScaryBear apps noted in the thread above. When I ran Checknotifications it came up with a lot of duplicates and I hit clear. I also downloaded clear_notify.exe. Immediately my reminders started working again!

However, the when i took the PDA out of the cradle, and put it back it, Activesync no longer works!!! I think I cleared a notification that was necessary for Activesync. I've done soft resets and hard resets and rebotted my computer. Nothing. When I open Activesync on my PDA and hit Sync, there is a brief message of "Connecting" that flashes and then disapears almost immediately. I never connect anymore.

I don't know how to fix it, but it appears I may have do a complete Clear of my PDA. Aaaaaaahhhhh! I hate this! I'd have to reload ALL my software.

Any tips about what I should do to avoid this? Anyway to fix this notification problem (which I assume it is)? Otherwise I'm going to do the BIG Clear.

I have a HP 2495B running WM5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry