View Full Version : Stowaway keyboard pinout - DIY connector

medved
10-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi

I have two Stowaway foldable keyboards, one for ipaq 3600 and one for handspring visor.
Now i bought ipaq 1940 and would like to use it with foldable keyboard (and not having to buy new bluetooth or IR keyboard).

My question is, is there a way to connect stowaway keyboard(3600 or handspring) to my ipaq 1940? Can i use software from 3600 or should i use software writen for 1940 and then connect correct pins?
Are stowaway keyboards for different devices INSIDE basically the same (use same circuits only connectors are different) and only software makes them compatible to particular device - so i could use both: ipaq-3600 or handspring keyboard- or are these keyboards fundamentally different(diff. voltage levels, different circuits inside)?
I am asking this because for me it is easyer to solder on handspring connector than it is on ipaq connector.

Where can i find pinout information on my two keyboards?

Where could i buy ipaq-3600 and ipaq-1940 connectors - just bare connectors with wires, so i can solder them together?

Is there also any software and plans how to connect ordinary PC keyboard to pocket pc?

thanks for help