View Full Version : New To Pocket PC's

wizzykin
10-13-2006, 04:00 AM
I just got one from my teacher/boss. It's an HP running Windows 2003 4.21.1088. I don't really know much more about it, and I'm totally new to these things - so I'm trying to figure it out :)

It's pretty cool though, and I'm learning it.

I'm sure this gets asked quite a bit, and I've done some searches and read some stuff on it - but I'm wondering if anyone can point me to some posts or sites that I should read so I can figure this thing out. I'm sure there are some posts out there too pointing out "must have" programs and what not, too.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if you can program for it using VB 6 at all. I know how to use that - but I haven't found much out - except something about embedded VB, which I don't really understand - but am checking out.

Anyway - any pointers would be nice :)

JesterMania
10-13-2006, 04:59 AM
For "must have" programs, I recommend checking out Handango and/or PocketGear to see what programs they have. They're very large online stores with the latest PPC software available. Also, try looking at software from reputable software firms. I'll name a few here: Spb, WebIS, SBSH, Resco.

Ecks
10-13-2006, 07:31 AM
This should give you a general idea. Even though it makes reference to the dell axim ppc line, its general enough to get you started.

isajoo
10-13-2006, 01:49 PM
link?

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/index.php

Ecks
10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
aha, my bad. forgot the link
http://www.aximsite.com/articles/link.php?id=22

skewline
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
i've been unable to access aximsite for about a month, and thot the site was down. but here's a current link on this thread. is it my problem, or is aximsite down?

Jason Dunn
10-13-2006, 04:55 PM
i've been unable to access aximsite for about a month, and thot the site was down. but here's a current link on this thread. is it my problem, or is aximsite down?

Aximsite is up, I just checked that link - sounds like a local problem. Or maybe they banned your IP. ;-)

skewline
10-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Jason, could you help me? i have no reason why my IP would be banned, how do i go about restoring my access? are there other reasons i would get the "can't find aximsite" page?

Jason Dunn
10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Jason, could you help me? i have no reason why my IP would be banned, how do i go about restoring my access? are there other reasons i would get the "can't find aximsite" page?

I'm not sure - there could be other reasons. Are you on a Windows PC? Go START > RUN > CMD then do a ping to www.aximsite.com. If you can ping it, that means your DNS can see if, which eliminates one potential problem.

Actually, try using the IP directly:

http://209.215.97.173

skewline
10-14-2006, 05:23 AM
thank you Jason. the IP gave me the same could not find message. when i pinged, it sent 4 packets, and they were all lost: "destination host unreachable" and it gave the same ip address as above. maybe i should call timewarnercable?

Jason Dunn
10-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah, if you can't reach the IP, then it means it's a DNS issue with your ISP and you should call them...