View Full Version : Sony Battery Issues?

Mitch D
10-13-2006, 02:34 AM
I was just checking out the Sony support website when I came across the following:

"Sony to Initiate Global Replacement Program for Notebook Computer Battery Packs"

The website does not mention any problems with any Sony Vaio notebook but it does have a spot for anyone owning a notebook to register for updates should Sony find an issues with thier notebooks.

Here is the link, this is for the canadian site but there is a spot to change to the US website:

https://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/news-item.pl?region_id=3&session_id=11e9b3645bbd9c52eb9a7315653ea67a&news_id=152

I am not aware of any issues with Sony notebooks but given that Sony was the maker of all the problem batteries for Dell, IBM/Lenovo, Toshiba & Apple I would not be surprised to see Sony doing a recall on some of thier notebook batteries too.

Jason Dunn
10-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Yeah, this battery recall issue is CRAZY. I also read about an Apple Powerbook recall - not for exploding batteries, but poor performance. That explains some of the review I've been reading where people are only getting two hours from their Powerbook... 8O

Bad year for batteries!