View Full Version : PhatPad 4.0 Beta Announced

Darius Wey
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.phatware.com/press/pr061006.html' target='_blank'>http://www.phatware.com/press/pr061006.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"PhatWare Corp., a leading provider of software products and professional services for mobile and desktop computers, announces today the Beta availability of PhatPad 4.0, the next generation of the company's award-winning notes organizer for Microsoft Windows-based devices, Tablet and Desktop PCs. PhatPad 4.0 is available immediately to consumers for Beta testing, and PhatWare welcomes user participation and feedback. PhatPad allows users to draw pictures, jot text notes or put a mixture of pictures and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The program uses new digital ink technology, which provides a very smooth ink flow, so it feels like writing on an actual piece of paper. While working with the note editor, PhatPad offers standard editing commands, such as Cut, Copy and Paste in addition to a customizable pen palette and variable pen width."</i><br /><br />PhatWare is looking for beta testers to give the new PhatPad 4.0 a test run. There are some nice features you can expect - for example, support for typed text and digital ink, improved inking on Tablet PCs and UMPCs, an Office 2007-inspired UI, document templates, and support for 256-bit encryption. You'll need a device running Windows Mobile 2003 or higher, and if you're running Windows Vista, you'll be happy to know that it's compatible with RC1 or higher, and the recently-released Windows Mobile Device Center (Beta).

Phillip Dyson
10-11-2006, 10:53 PM
There are some nice features you can expect - for example, support for typed text and digital ink, improved inking on Tablet PCs and UMPCs, an Office 2007-inspired UI, document templates, and support for 256-bit encryption.

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Might they be merging PhatPad and PhatNotes?

CESkins
10-12-2006, 01:57 AM
I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Might they be merging PhatPad and PhatNotes?
I sure do hope so. If so, I wonder if they will no longer offer MS Outlook notes syncing (the Pro version of PhatNotes syncs w/ a desktop equivalent and supports formatted notes syncing unlike Outlook)?