View Full Version : How many times do you use a stylus in a day?

isajoo
10-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Now a days with all greats addon apps to PIE or fullscreen keyboards, i notice I dont use my stylus as much as before... touchscreens are still great...but for most situations i find using my fingers or hardware buttons does the job just as well. Ofcourse having a great anti-fingerprints screen protector makes it even better.

I will be lucky to even pull out the stylus once in a day.

Comment on why use a stylus or why not!

Darius Wey
10-11-2006, 08:30 AM
It used to be once or twice a day, primarily because I thumb-typed and thumb-navigated. However, I've since moved to the Smartphone platform, so that once or twice a day has dropped to a firm zero. :)

salem
10-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Now a days with all greats addon apps to PIE or fullscreen keyboards, i notice I dont use my stylus as much as before... touchscreens are still great...but for most situations i find using my fingers or hardware buttons does the job just as well. Ofcourse having a great anti-fingerprints screen protector makes it even better.

I will be lucky to even pull out the stylus once in a day.

Comment on why use a stylus or why not!

if you don't have keyboard, you'll need a stylus anyway.

isajoo
10-11-2006, 10:55 PM
i dont have a hardware keyboard....use only a software based full screen keyboard.

i did use it once yesturday...trouble shotting wifi problem...but once it was fix... use only hardware buttons and fingers.

Mitch D
10-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Given the meat hooks that I have for hands I am forced to use my stylus for most things as I end up with no fine control with my finger. Doesn't give alot of choice :wink:

Brad Adrian
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
An even more important issue for me, since I rely on Calligrapher quite a bit, is which stylus I use. I have yet to find an on-device stylus that is comfortable to use -- I especially dislike the collapsing one that comes with the Cingular 8125. Except for quick jottings, I nearly always use a third-party stylus.

Mark Kenepp
10-18-2006, 08:12 PM
... I nearly always use a third-party stylus.

A Multi-Pen?

I always carry around my Rotring Quattro (http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/rotring_quattro_pen_data_review) (in fact I have several of them).

I couldn't imagine carrying around just a stylus.

BTW, I use my stylus continuously through out the day (even on the weekends 8) )

dh
10-20-2006, 11:55 PM
An even more important issue for me, since I rely on Calligrapher quite a bit, is which stylus I use. I have yet to find an on-device stylus that is comfortable to use -- I especially dislike the collapsing one that comes with the Cingular 8125. Except for quick jottings, I nearly always use a third-party stylus.

Having come back to PPC after using a Smartphone for a while it's great to have a touch screen again.

Even though I have the keyboard on my ipaq 6940 I often use Calligrapher. especially for notes in meetings. My favorite stylus has always been the insert for Cross pens from PDA Panache.

I wonder if they are still in business? Their site does not look as if it's updated these days. I'd get a 6940 stylus from them if I could.

Janak Parekh
10-21-2006, 05:17 AM
Actually, I rarely even tap the screen with my finger now, thanks to WM5 and a hardware thumbboard. ;) Apart from a few games which are stylus-driven, I might tap the screen with either a stylus or finger less than a few times a week, and I carry and use the device daily.

--janak