View Full Version : Fonts too small for my aging eyes

dee
10-10-2006, 04:23 AM
Are there any tricks to making my text bigger so I can read it without wearing glasses? It's frustrating to try to use the phone or check emails, etc. when I don't have my glasses with me. I know the solution really is for me to always wear the glasses, but I'm looking for a better option. In SETTINGS I've already adjusted the TEXT SIZE to the largest size. Thanks.

Brad Adrian
10-10-2006, 04:43 AM
I don't know what the size limit is, but system fonts can be tweaked using utilities like Tweaks2k.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-10-2006, 05:18 AM
There isn't any size limit - you can blow up the fonts to the point where the OS is not usable. And yes, I learned that the hard way.

Dee, first welcome to PPCT, second, you need to tell us which device you are using - there are differences in the way fonts are handled between different OS types.

isajoo
10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
link if the text inlargement does not work and u really dont want to wear glasses all the time...may be worth it for u to invest in this app...
link
http://www.adisasta.com/wmLensPro.html

i looked for a free app...but nothing yet... $21.50 for zoom may be worth it for u. call them digital glasses that never break...maybe not never ,few hard resets ...LoL...

there is a trial version to see if u like it first. so after trial...buy it or continue sqinting.

dee
10-16-2006, 04:59 AM
My Pocket PC is a PA10A1 PocketPC. Thanks for the input. Additional info would be appreciated.

isajoo
10-16-2006, 06:28 AM
so this is the PPC6700 it has a 2.8" screen...explains why its hard to see. well time to wear a magnify loop.