View Full Version : Zune Desktop Software 1.3 Released

Jason Dunn
03-30-2007, 09:25 PM
In the rush to get the 1.3 firmware for the Zune, some people seem to have missed the fact that the Zune desktop software was also updated to version 1.3. I wouldn't have known myself if Vista hadn't told me about the update - I'm not sure what it fixes/improves (why is the Zune team so secretive about this?) but the upgrade went smoothly for me. If want to force the software to update itself, click Options > Help > Check for Updates. It takes a surprisingly long time, but after a minute or so it should come back with an alert that there's a new version of the software and the update process will begin.

Darius Wey
03-31-2007, 05:53 AM
I was hoping that the new version would cease the over-compression of album art, but no, there's no love to be had in that department. :(

kryptman40k
04-01-2007, 05:05 AM
I keep getting errors with mine asking me to restart and the software can't be updated.

can't unstinall the software either..........

i dont know why microsoft makes their software so obtuse to deal with.

LPD
04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
When I started my Zune software a message popped up and told me an update was available automatically. I clicked a button and the update started.

tonster91
07-29-2007, 10:36 AM
thanks for the info... i'll update now. is it any different at all to the original?