View Full Version : From Gadgeteer To Gear Diary

Jon Westfall
10-04-2006, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geardiary.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.geardiary.com/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"I have had a fascination with all types of gadgets and gizmos since I was a child. One of my earliest gadget memories was a Christmas when I was given yet another doll, and my brother got the coolest toy robot in the world. It didn’t take me too long to convince him that he wanted to trade…really! And thus, the monster was born.I never expected to become a prolific writer, it just kind of happend. I got my start in late 1999 after answering a software reviewer request at the now defunct smaller.com. By mid 2000 I knew that I wanted my reviews to focus not only on software, but also on the PDA hardware which I found so fascinating.I soon became an occasional reviewer at The Gadgeteer, back when it was a much smaller site - basically run single-handedly by its editor-in-chief, Julie Strietelmeier. Within six months I was Julie’s writing partner, and for the next six years I had the privilege of being part of something truly amazing. As part of our team, I made a direct contribution to the Gadgeteer’s enormous growth from a well regarded enthusiast’s site into a world-wide recognized authority on gadgets, gizmos and their accessories. Due to my work at the Gadgeteer, I have earned a solid reputation as a respected consumer reviewer."</i><br /><br />Judie, formerly of the-gadgeteer.com, has moved on to her own site: Gear Diary. Judie has always provided great reviews of technology and related items to the community, so hopefully her new home will allow her to expand and give us even more great content. Good Luck Judie!

Jason Dunn
10-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Judie's a great writer and a great reviewer, so I'm sure this new site will be fantastic. She already has a LOT of content up there!

BugDude10
10-05-2006, 02:19 AM
"As part of our team, I made a direct contribution to the Gadgeteer’s enormous growth from a well regarded enthusiast’s site into a world-wide recognized authority on gadgets, gizmos and their accessories. Due to my work at the Gadgeteer, I have earned a solid reputation as a respected consumer reviewer."

I hope her new site has enough bandwidth for her ego! :lol:

jpjehu
10-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Uh - and she's probably the best-looking gadget-girl I've come across...