View Full Version : Golook! A Google Calendar Windows Mobile Synchronization App

bluetrane
09-25-2006, 05:50 AM
New app hot off my compiler :P

GoLook can synchronize a Google Calendar and your pocketPC directly with out using activesync !

simply download a free install of the beta 1 software from www.oxacah.com/golook.htm

golook exports calendars from one platform to another instead of performing a sync... (information gets overwritten)

this was done due to limitations with pocket outlook. And can be updated in the future.

limitations : this application will no longer function after oct 20 2006 (new version will be released before)

reoccurring appointments are not supported.

please post your issues and/or email me log files if you have problems

Picca
10-09-2006, 11:03 PM
This is exactly app I've been looking for for weeks! Be able to easily sync my PPC with GoogleCalendar is very important to me. But too bad it doesn't work very good.
Syncing by the first way (overwrite google data using outlook data) never gone good on my PPC :( It everytime just erases the data from google and doesn't upload any :(
I think you should continue to make this app be applicable.

Wuss912
11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
The msi file seems to be trying to install a invalid setup file

Uska
11-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi!
Any news from developers side? Is there a working app to sync G-Calendar with my ppc?
Thanks,
Uska

Wuss912
11-25-2006, 06:08 PM
well this one kinda works...
however you can't sync with more than one googlecalendar so its kinda lame.
i'm looking for a calendar that will synch all of my google calendars and still preserve my color schemes

bluetrane
11-25-2006, 07:11 PM
i'm looking for a calendar that will synch all of my google calendars and still preserve my color schemes

Actually pocket outlook is lame making it logistically impossible to sync more then one calendar. If i synced all your different google calendars they would all be dumped in the default outlook calendar. A bit of a messy affair.

The only way around this is to code my own calendar app like papyrus... this goes out of the scope of my little project that gets developed in my free time

Perhaps I can implement a system where you can choose which calendar gets synced? What do you think?

Wuss912
11-26-2006, 12:18 AM

Actually pocket outlook is lame making it logistically impossible to sync more then one calendar. If i synced all your different google calendars they would all be dumped in the default outlook calendar. A bit of a messy affair.

The only way around this is to code my own calendar app like papyrus... this goes out of the scope of my little project that gets developed in my free time

Perhaps I can implement a system where you can choose which calendar gets synced? What do you think?

That would at least be more usefull...
i thought one of the synch solutions was allowing you to set each seperate google calendar as a diffrent catagory...
so my work calendar would be BUSINESS
my family caledar woud be PERSONAL
etc..