View Full Version : Microsoft And Nokia Team Up On Mobile Search

Ed Hansberry
09-24-2006, 11:00 PM
<a href="http://rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=27346">http://rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=27346</a><br /><br /><i>"Nokia Corp.’s Mobile Search platform will incorporate Microsoft Corp.’s Live Search capabilities to streamline mobile information searches on Nseries smart phones—now “multimedia computers,” in Nokia’s parlance—and select S60 platform devices in various markets, the Finnish handset vendor announced today. Mobile Search resides on Nokia devices’ menu, allowing users to get results quicker than if they had to use the phone’s Web browser to first locate an Internet service provider’s page to launch a search. Microsoft’s Windows Live Search is designed to facilitate information searches across various platforms and allow users to create preferences for the pages they often visit, personalizing their search habits."</i><br /><br />Microsoft and Nokia partnering? :huh: Oh, You'll have to excuse me. I have a phone call from Satan. Apparently they are in need of some heaters down there.

jdhill
09-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Nokia and Microsoft! Strange "bedfellows" indeed! :mrgreen:

Darius Wey
09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
Microsoft and Nokia partnering? :huh: Oh, You'll have to excuse me. I have a phone call from Satan. Apparently they are in need of some heaters down there.

Well, I thought I had seen everything when Microsoft and Palm got together. This one beats it. ;)

Duncan
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Microsoft and Nokia partnering? :huh: Oh, You'll have to excuse me. I have a phone call from Satan. Apparently they are in need of some heaters down there.

Well, I thought I had seen everything when Microsoft and Palm got together. This one beats it. ;)

When you think about it though - so far we've had MS getting into bed with Apple, Palm and Linux already - Nokia isn't that big a shock.

Who's left that MS hasn't worked with...?

Darius Wey
09-25-2006, 04:20 PM

Well, I'm still waiting for the day when the Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo folks make peace. Could be the day when hell freezes over, though. ;)

TOCA
09-26-2006, 01:35 AM
If you can't buy them, beat them.
If you can't beat them join them (and take over) :wink:

Duncan
09-26-2006, 01:44 AM

Well, I'm still waiting for the day when the Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo folks make peace. Could be the day when hell freezes over, though. ;)

Didn't Machiavelli say that you should only sue for peace when conquest or other means of beating your foe are not possible?

Since MS is about to win the console war quite definitively (2 - 0 - other team defaulted by not turning up...!) I'd say they have no need to make peace with PlayStation (or, indeed, Sony generally - as with HD-DVD now having a clear run it's going to be 3 - 0 soon...! :)).

Nintendo are OK - they are playing in a different league.

BoxWave
09-29-2006, 10:17 PM

Haha, that will be the day.