View Full Version : Turning volume lower on a PPC

lpfan07
09-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Does anyone know how to turn the volume down lower on a PPC? I have the main volume to the lowest it can go and I also have WMP down to the lowest volume it can go. It is still way too loud for my ears to handle. Does anyone know if there is another way to turn down the volume? I am sitting a good 2 feet away from my PPC and can still hear the music. Does anyone know if headphones with a volume control will help my problem? And if the volume control headphones do help, how cheap can I get them for? Thanks.
Lindsey

asims
09-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Hi, Lindsey!

The only thing I have found that will turn the volume down to a comfortable level is earphones/headphones with a volume control. Like you, even when I had the media player on 5% volume, the music was still too loud. I've had one pair of earphones with inline volume control that worked very nicely - until the right speaker started fading in and out. But I can't complain - I had had those earphones for at least a couple of years. Now I'm on my own quest to find another decent pair for a decent price. Until then. I'm using my mp3 player more often than my ppc to listen to music.

I do wonder though if there is a registry hack that would help with the volume level. If anyone knows of one, please feel free to contribute. My only contribution would be anecdotes. :?

isajoo
09-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Not sure what version of ppc u have but mine has a volume control options under start/settings/system /advanced Sounds...Click on the headphones tab and u can adjust the volume accordingly. Hope it helps...Also my headphone do have actual volume control built into the wire...So might wanna pick a set...Was like only $10 for in ear panasonic ones at bestbuy.

Darius Wey
09-22-2006, 09:30 AM
You can lower the volume outside the range of the preset values, but it involves a bit of messing around with the registry. I do know the problem you're talking about, and that's just Windows Media Player's inadequacy. Even with tweaking of the volume, it can be excessively loud. A third-party player such as Conduits Pocket Player handles volume settings much better.