View Full Version : The 1.3 Update screwed up my Zune. HELP!

NPrtmn4evr
03-29-2007, 03:00 AM
Ok so I had some issues trying to update my Zune this morning. I got home from work, and the Zune started to update just fine, but for some reason when it was finalizing the update, the Zune screen showed the picture for steps 1 & then 2 of the update process, even though the computer was saying "finalizing update."
So I restarted the update again ,and the same thing happened. I tried once more and it finally worked, although it changed my Zune settings to default. When it finished the update it asked my to name my Zune (it shwed the name was "Zune"), it had the original background pic, and wireless was turned on. It's like it thought I had a new Zune, Additionally theZune software showed there was 1023 MB of space on my Zune (it had 17.2 prior to the update). HOWEVER, all my songs and videos were still on the Zune.
So I go about trying to return my Zune to how it was. I turned off the wireless function, I checkd to make sure my songs were on there, and then Iwent to change my art back. That's where I hit my serious problem. I went to view the picture I wanted as my background, and selected "apply as background." The second I did that the screen went black! The backlight was still on, but there was nothing on the screen. I tried to reset my Zune, but the Zune loading screen came on and then just went to a black screen.
WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO MY ZUNE?!?

Steve-O
03-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Ok so I had some issues trying to update my Zune this morning. I got home from work, and the Zune started to update just fine, but for some reason when it was finalizing the update, the Zune screen showed the picture for steps 1 & then 2 of the update process, even though the computer was saying "finalizing update."
So I restarted the update again ,and the same thing happened. I tried once more and it finally worked, although it changed my Zune settings to default. When it finished the update it asked my to name my Zune (it shwed the name was "Zune"), it had the original background pic, and wireless was turned on. It's like it thought I had a new Zune, Additionally theZune software showed there was 1023 MB of space on my Zune (it had 17.2 prior to the update). HOWEVER, all my songs and videos were still on the Zune.
So I go about trying to return my Zune to how it was. I turned off the wireless function, I checkd to make sure my songs were on there, and then Iwent to change my art back. That's where I hit my serious problem. I went to view the picture I wanted as my background, and selected "apply as background." The second I did that the screen went black! The backlight was still on, but there was nothing on the screen. I tried to reset my Zune, but the Zune loading screen came on and then just went to a black screen.
WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO MY ZUNE?!?

Comparing your experience to mine, my initial update of the firmware for the Zune crapped out and errored. I reset my computer and tried again. The Zune went crazy for a while, resetting and splashing mesages on the screen, then resetting about 3 or 4 times. It took sometime to get to this screen though and perhaps you were just a bit too quick to reset the installation.

Mine works fine just the way it does, althought the Zune software finds my player much quicker now is about the only difference I can see so far. :mad:

Hope you figure it out...

nook
03-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I didn't have a problem with skipping UNTIL I did the 1.3 update. Now at 1min left on most every song, it starts to skip and studder, and it didn't do this previously!!!