View Full Version : Gah....Windows Vista! HOW do i UNINSTALL!?!?!?

jayson
09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey,
I installed the Windows Vista RC1 a few days ago...and it's S-L-O-W! It takes about 10 minutes to start up, and it's VERY SLOW once it's all started up! Yah, and i would really like to have my Windows XP media edition back!!! But there's a problem...i have an HP and they make u make your own recovery disks, and i've tried doing that, but for some reason it doesn't work. Yah, i don't really care about all my documents and everything...so if someone could tell me how to erase the Windows Vista files or just clean install my computer, that would be great! :D
Thanks ^_^

Jayson

ADBrown
09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
It used to be possible with Win 98 that if you renamed the Windows directory and the System.ini file (I think it was that) you could trick the installer into doing a clean install without damaging the contents of your drive. I don't know if this still works with XP, as I've never had the need for it.

isajoo
09-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Well if your not worried about old files you can download a copy of xp from bittorrent and burn it on cd and use the official registeration code from your hp pc...Google for how to get exact details.

Darius Wey
09-21-2006, 03:45 AM
Yah, and i would really like to have my Windows XP media edition back!!! But there's a problem...i have an HP and they make u make your own recovery disks, and i've tried doing that, but for some reason it doesn't work. Yah, i don't really care about all my documents and everything...

The next time you try a beta, it's probably wise to be prepared for problems. Backup where necessary, and get help with making those recovery disks before shrugging them off. ;)

With regard to the current problem, you should contact HP and let them know that you don't have recovery disks and you wish to format your computer. They'll probably tell you how to make the disks, but just tell them that the computer is not in the right condition for those steps to be performed. They may mail you suitable recovery disks - perhaps at a cost.

BoxWave
09-29-2006, 10:38 PM
I've been in that kind of situation before and that is exactly why I don’t try betas, they always have something wrong with them.

jezebelus
04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
He he one more to hate MS products, welcome to the club :D