View Full Version : No activesync connection. Help!!!

palur
09-20-2006, 02:57 AM
I have been using pocket pcs ever since palm-size pcs were first introduced. I never had this kind of a problem that I could not solve myself. But for the past two weeks, it has been very frustrating.
I am not able to establish a connection with my pc and unable to sync. I have ETEN M600+ with windows mobile 5.0.

Activesync 4.5 beta2 does not recognize the device at all. I had the previous edition of activesync 4.... and it is the one which suddenly failed to recognize my device and I tried the latest 4.5 beta2 and to avail.

I have to give a presentation and I need to sync files. very frustrating. I have soft reset the device and resstarted the pc (windows xp OS) several times and trouble shooted the activesync. No help.

I even disabled all the firewalls but no change. It simply does not see my device. Any urgent help appreciated.
Thanks

palur
09-22-2006, 10:23 PM
It seemed that my Eten somehow got corrupted and had to resort to hard reset after trying all. In retrospect, it seems that EPOCRATES which syncs automatically with my ppc had created some error, when ppc was accidentally disconnected from the cradle while Epocrates was still syncing.
I can say that this may be the reason as this problem almost recurred after my ppc was syncing well after hard reset but when epocrates was reinstalled (uses port80), the activesync said "not connected". I had to remove the epocrates and reinstall properly and allowed it to sync completely and then no more activesync problem so far. I synced probably 4-5 times after this it has been running ok.

But, the spb backup software failed miserably to reinstall backup files after the hard reset. The backup files were on the SD card. It goes up to 98% and hangs there indefinitely for > 30 minutes. I tried with older back up files created by spb but none worked. it was the back up utility on ETEN which worked well but lost recent Tasks and contacts (even though they should have been saved by the back up utility).
So far so good.

Janak Parekh
09-23-2006, 12:12 AM
You might want to contact the Spb folks about your problem and see what they suggest.

--janak

freemans
09-25-2006, 02:32 AM
You might had a corrupted backup image file. Janak was right, you may want to contact SPB guys.

I use Sprite and I got great support from Sprite (www.spritesoftware.com).

nicholas
09-25-2006, 11:43 AM
palur,

Unfortunately, it happens on some specific devices. We have developed a special tool that could solve the problem. Please download it here: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/downloads/backup/PatchBackup.zip

Unzip it on your desktop, copy your backup file to your desktop and patch it using this tool. After that copy your patched backup file to your Pocket PC and try to restore. Please let us know if it helps.

Nicholas Tsipanov,
Spb Software House

palur
09-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Thank you for the patch. Do I need to patch everytime I backup? if so I can not use it on the go though! :cry:
Thank you once again.

palur
09-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Thank you for the special version. It is working very well. I appreciate your prompt action and help.
Is it possible to selectively restore tasks from previous backup? I have installed several other programs that I do not want to lose them by installing older backup completely. I just need tasks.
Thank you

Janak Parekh
09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
palur, I would encourage you to contact Spb directly. While they do on occasion read the forums, I don't they read it on a daily basis.

--janak