View Full Version : COMPLETELY take software off of ppc?!!?!?

q-live
09-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I hate when software leaves its filty little files all over your ppc... i can tell when i install a new software on after uninstalling the old one and even after i soft reset.... is there a good software to use to get the WHOLE software off when i uninstall it?????

JesterMania
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm aware of MemMaid and others that can clean your registry and specific folders you point it to but that's all. Even those programs I find, never really get the job done 100%. For a program to seriously clean software, I believe it needs to monitor the software during installation to find out exactly what files are copied and what registry keys are created. They do exist on PC but I'm not aware of any on PPC. Even if they did exist, there'd still be the problems of programs creating additional files (such as configuration files) after installation, which is impossible to detect with such cleaners.

Cybrid
09-20-2006, 03:27 PM
I hate when software leaves its filty little files all over your ppc... i can tell when i install a new software on after uninstalling the old one and even after i soft reset.... is there a good software to use to get the WHOLE software off when i uninstall it????? Yes. SPB back up or sprite backup. Back up, install new app, hard reset, restore....never happened... :wink:

Menneisyys
09-24-2006, 02:15 PM
You can aletantively use SKTracker. Make sure you make the second snapshot AFTER you've at least once started thge app.

freemans
09-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I used Sprite Backup everytime I make changes to my PPC, since then I never get myself emberrased. :twisted:

q-live
09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
i need a software.... dont want to erase everything and start over