View Full Version : iPaq 2495 Clearance at Staples

Jordan
09-15-2006, 07:47 AM
I happened to be in a Staples a couple of days ago and saw an HP iPaq 2495 at a clearance price of $299. I asked a salesman for one (the one I saw was a display unit) but he said the display unit was all they had. He came up with a few stores that were listed as having more than 1 in stock (having only 1 would typically mean the display copy - there were lots of Staples stores with just 1). I contacted them all but in each case the extra ones were damaged units, not for sale.

Darn that's annoying, $299 was a great price.

Let this be a lesson to HP. If they could just find some way of trimming their production costs so they could sell the 2495 at $299 they'd sell tons of them.

Lex
10-13-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm looking at Staples.com and the 2495's seem to be in stock. For $400 though. What's up with the unit having 128mb memory but only half that 'user available'?

Darius Wey
10-13-2006, 06:21 AM
What's up with the unit having 128mb memory but only half that 'user available'?

The ROM image needs to consume some space, and it becomes rather significant when an OEM includes a lot of value-added applications (which HP tends to do).