View Full Version : SelectRadio Released

Jon Westfall
09-14-2006, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.selectradio.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.selectradio.com/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Users of smartphones and wireless handheld PDAs now have even more choice and control of their mobile audio experience with the latest version of SelectRadio software. In addition to access to more than 5,000 Internet radio channels, including XM Satellite Radio Online*(NASDAQ:XMSR), Shoutcast and radioio (Pink Sheets:IWDM), the new version of SelectRadio software, an add-on program for smartphones and PDAs, has added more than 20 new music channels, commercial-free versions, 20 live worldwide news channels [ and more]"</i><br /><br />Yet another option for listening to radio on your PPC. This offering, at $25, supports XM Radio (Given that you have an XM Online account) and numerous internet feeds. Has anyone played with it and care to give comment? $25 seems a little steep to me :?

Marcel_Proust
09-15-2006, 01:07 AM
I looked at this one. My two bits.
1. good sound quality.
2. xm and interesting io radio integration features.
3. the most wonderful and very impressive directory interface.
4. seek and search facilities very good.
5. many features promised, like record etc., all interesting, but will be a $ upgrade. and maybe vapourware.
6. program flakey at times but getting better. still gettitng odd crashes. lost connections. not as stable as more established Resco Radio (that has way fewer features to be fair)
7. support, not great. not the very worst, like the laughably bad Antontomov.com or Vito Software. But slow to respond, and not that helpful, I would say below average.
Is it worth the 25$? Not sure. I think it's very nice, and better than just a web directory, and potentially better than Resco Radio. But not quite convinced yet.

PocketPC Addict
09-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I think this program rocks!

I have xm radio and about 6 main stations I listen to. It automatically skips the artists I don't like and jumps to the artists I do like.

The sound quality is good. But on slower networks it can get stuck. You just have to turn off the auto scan stuff to make it work sometimes.

Peter Traugot
09-15-2006, 05:59 PM
I agree with the record feature. This was supposed to be in the initial release, here we are at the next release and still no record feature. This was the biggest selling point as far as I'm concerned.

Won't go back there until its implemented.

PocketPC Addict
09-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I didn't realize recording was supposed to be included. I hope they include it with the next build for us registered users.

Still, its a great way to discover new artists.