View Full Version : Anybody get the Vito Buttonmapper Macro feature to work?

astromusic
09-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi, I am having a terrible time getting the Macro feature to work on Vito Buttonmapper. I have a Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) PPC with WM5.

The way it is supposed to work is that you assign <Macro> to a button. Then it asks you to get ready to record a macro (e.g., open an app or whatever). When you say OK, it puts a red dot on the screen. You are supposed to tap out whatever you want to record, then click on the red dot to finish the macro, at which point it asks you to name it, and assigns the created macro to the button. This is fine in principle.

The problem is that it just doesn't work at all! As soon as I click the OK button and the red dot appears, all my taps go haywire. I tap in one place, it thinks that I am tapping in another place. It is like the entire calibration is lost. At this point, my PPC is rendered useless, and the only way to recover is to soft reset. Needless to say, no macro is successfully recorded. I have tried this several times, with the same result.

I contacted their customer support, who asked me to send a PM to somebody (I can't recall the name); I sent an email to that person, and no reply came. So, I assume this is just a broken piece of software, with no support.

Anyone have any different experience with this?

-Kal.