View Full Version : 4150 Storage card error

wembutty
09-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi All,

I have spent the last 2 days Googling to try to find a fix to my problem ..I have 3 SD cards (256, 512 and 1 Gb) all of which can be read by my 8 to 1 usb card reader but none of which appear as a valid device on my 4150. PPC 2003 with all the latest Ipaq patches.

Every time I click an SD card in, I get the same message:

"Do you want to try to format this storage card to make it readable? This will permamanatly delete any files on the card. "

When I tap on "no" message goes away but there's no SD folder in explorer view of my device.

I have tried formatting the cards and I have soft reset.

A hard reset works..but when I restore my current apps form a backup Im back to square one..so there something wrong with my sw config..
Any ideas for a fix , or ideas how to look for the problem?

powercx
09-12-2006, 10:50 PM
I had that problem once, and it was on my 4155 too.

I believe I installed one of the software that 4155 don't like. Uninstalling the software will still give me that problem. So I hard reset, and backup before I installed new software to determine which software it was. This was 3 years ago, I forgot which software it was.

bandofbeckers
12-14-2006, 06:28 AM
This is the exact problem I'm experiencing on my 4155.

Does anyone know of a solution?

baker
12-15-2006, 04:33 AM
I had this two or three years ago. I hard reset, popped in the SD card to be recognized and then re-installed software. I agree with the earlier post that it may be one of the softwares. I didn't reload some of the freewares as I wasn't using them (I can't remember which ones) and things have been fine since. I think you're left with a hard reset, popping in the card and then installing software one at a time to find the culprit. Sorry.