View Full Version : CPU voltage control

sid.dagivers
09-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi.
it's possible to control cpu voltage?
i have ipaq 4700 and i'd like to increase batery life and xcpuscalar and pocket hack master can't do this

thanx

Nurhisham Hussein
09-11-2006, 01:07 AM
I've never heard of anything that can do what you're looking for on the Windows Mobile platform. sorry.

haesslich
09-11-2006, 04:01 AM
I've never heard of anything that can do what you're looking for on the Windows Mobile platform. sorry.

He's thinking of something along the lines of what's available in the Axim x50/51v series - the "Processor" control which lets Axim x50/51v units run either on "Auto", "Power Saving", "Max" or "Normal" levels, by adjusting the MHz so that you're either saving power by underclocking it severely, or going all-out. As far as I'm aware, this was only really a feature on the Axims, and outside of something like XCpuscaler, was never really modifiable by other programs.

Nurhisham Hussein
09-11-2006, 04:52 AM
He's thinking of something along the lines of what's available in the Axim x50/51v series - the "Processor" control which lets Axim x50/51v units run either on "Auto", "Power Saving", "Max" or "Normal" levels, by adjusting the MHz so that you're either saving power by underclocking it severely, or going all-out. As far as I'm aware, this was only really a feature on the Axims, and outside of something like XCpuscaler, was never really modifiable by other programs.

I'm sorry haesslich, but I'm afraid you're incorrect. First, the processor control is a feature of the PXA27x series processors, virtually any PDA with those processors have them (including my Loox, the Asus 730, and yes, the hx4700).

Second, what that processor control does (and this is what PHM and XCPUScalar do as well) is modify the clock settings, NOT the voltage, which is what sid was asking for.