View Full Version : wifi on kjam not good

annyksa
09-08-2006, 07:47 AM
ok, another complaint, my kjam doesn;t connect to just any wifi as it should, with other wifi devices such as a laptop, or handheld---they connect right away with no programming, does this kjam require programming to get it to read the signal from the accesspoint? my sp5m connects automatically to any accesspoint without doing anything! for some reason the kjam accepts my home accesspoint, maybe the signal on the kjam is weak and doesn;t pick up the accesspoint unless its close by, did anyone else have experience with this issue?thanks again.

Nurhisham Hussein
09-08-2006, 01:35 PM
No programming required. Turn on wifi, go to Start->Settings->Connections tab->Network cards. You should see the wifi network manager window. Make sure the checkbox for "Connect Automatically..." is checked.

BoxWave
09-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Hehe, Hussein, you beat me to it. No programming required at all :). Now only if there were no fees required either... :).

annyksa
09-16-2006, 03:15 PM
my kjam says that the wifi is connected to my accesspoint---but, when i try to open any website, i get a message: ERROR, THE REQUESTION URL CANNOT BE RETRIEVED. I dont understand this becasue as u said, the wifi picks up the router automatically and should connect with no problem, it is connected, just cannot give me the website, any ideas? thanks

Nurhisham Hussein
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Check your network configuration - you might be connecting via wifi, but using a GPRS network configuration (which obviously won't work). You might also want to check if your router is correctly giving out a valid IP to your PPC.

annyksa
09-25-2006, 11:04 AM
[email protected] is the new message i get when i try to access my accessspoint in my home which several other devices connect to perfectly except the kjam. this message i'm gettingmakes no sense at all. any ideas?

Nurhisham Hussein
09-25-2006, 12:04 PM
You're right - that makes zero sense. Does your ISP use a proxy server by any chance? That could be the reason, but I checked out the saudimaster.net website and it sure doesn't look like an ISP to me (o'course that could be because my Arabic is so poor).

annyksa
09-27-2006, 12:34 PM
thanks for trying:), i guess i'll just forget about the wifi working, at least the gprs works now which is what i really need.