View Full Version : Treo 700w syncing problems even with NEWEST active sync

q-live
09-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Anyone having problems with syncing with their laptops or computers using the newest active sync????? is this a problem with the computer or the treo???? is there a update to this problem??????

Darius Wey
09-08-2006, 06:15 AM
I'd recommend two resources.

The first is an ActiveSync troubleshooting guide (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx) from Microsoft.

The second is the latest ROM update for the Treo 700w (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo700wupdater/verizon.html) (if you aren't already running it). It adds a USB mode switch, which can cure sync-related issues.

BoxWave
09-10-2006, 08:50 AM
This might've been another device, but around the office, I think we had some of the same problems. I'd go with what Darius recommended -- if you still have problems, I'll ask around at the office and see if anybody else can find a solution for you.

Joseph Moon
09-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Okay, while on the topic...

I recently decided to give Intellisync another try... I was desperate for being able to send an email from the field...

Prior to installing it again - I was successfully using ACTIVESync... Surprise - Surprise!

Anyway, I installed Intellisync and all seemed to be working ok... Then I needed to connected my Treo so that I could install some software...

That is when HELL PART II started for me...

Activesync must have been jealous of Intellisync... I watched my calendar with over 600 appointments start getting wiped clean - right before my eyes appointments started disappearing...

I watched hopelessly as I wondered what am I going to do now... As the beads of sweat started to build upon my forehead - I started to see appointments pop back onto my calendar... Yet, there were still appointments disappearing...

The sweat turned to chilling ice when the calendar suddenly bounced back with all my days loaded with appointments... DOUBLES! Each appointment was now there twice! Arrgghhh...

I installed the needed apps and left the office so ticked off that I wanted to throw my Treo into the trash. I got home, throw the damn phone on the granite countertop in disgust.

I awoke the next morning and turned the phone on to see that everything worked itself out over night. Weird I thought! Maybe a miracle?!

I got back into the office to find several of my emails, scattered from different folders was missing. I also discovered the 'ol Bithday and some holidays are now 2 days long!

What the heck is going on?

After spending hours cleaning up birthday and holiday mess - and getting over that I lost 2 weeks of selected emails - I am afraid to connect the Treo to the desktop via ActiveSync to install some programs and update my MS Money...

Anyone have a cure? Is it possible to have MS Money which needs ActiveSync and IntelliSync running together?

Someone suggested just shutting the email off in ActiveSync... Yet to do that you have to connect... And once you connect the syncing starts...

Any ideas?

Joseph...

possmann
11-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Alright - I've got all the latest updates on everything and I still can't get my Treo700w to sync - :microwave: It's drivin' me nuts!

the device connects just fine - I can see the files from the desktop - move them around, delete them - I just can't sync with outlook. What in the world gives?

I'm also trying on Vista with the latest downloads of the WMDC and same issue there - It just won't sync. This leads me to believe that the issue is probably more related with the device than it is with outlook, activesync and WMDC.

Anyone have any same issues? I've tried all kinds of rebooting - excepts for the hard boot on the Treo - I really don't want to do that just yet. I don't even know where that would help.

Is there something stuck in the mobile registry perhaps? any way I can look at that file and edit it?