View Full Version : Werner Ruotsalainen On Native VGA; Roundup & Tutorial

Jon Westfall
09-06-2006, 09:11 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&title=native_high_resolution_vga_on_wm5_vga_de&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/in...1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1</a><br /><br /></div><i>"It has been a year since I’ve published VGA demystified - the definitive guide to OzVGA, SE_VGA and everything VGA-related (alternatives:MobilitySite, AximSite (the x50/x51 forum; the Tips and Tricks forum), PPC Magazine, FirstLoox, BrightHand), the definite guide to the native VGA mode. As the in the meantime released Windows Mobile 5 requires so-called ‘code signing’ for these kinds of things to work, there has been a lot of confusion about how WM5 devices should be run in native VGA mode. The situation was made even worse by the fact that AKU2 ROMs and ROM upgrades, released earlier this year, also added some new icons to repertoire of Windows Mobile, which resulted in old hacks’ not working flawlessly. Because of the tremendous (and because I’m one of the guys that know the most about the secrets of the native VGA mode) demand for a new, updated version of the above-linked VGA demystified guide, I’ve allocated some time to elaborate on this subject a bit and to test all the currently available solutions and hacks. This means I’ve tested all the available hacks on all my three VGA WM5 Pocket PC’s (HP iPAQ hx4700 (2.01), HTC Universal and Dell Axim x51v (A12)), taking a LOT of time and effort (because I’ve kept hard resetting these devices between installing other hacks)."</i><br /><br />You've got to hand it to Mr. Rouotsalainen for sheer production of useful information to our community! Here is a nice roundup and tutorial concerning the native use of VGA on WM 5 devices, the hacks involved, and the products available!

RogueSpear
09-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Am I the only one here green with envy that this guy has not one, but three VGA devices?

0X

Darius Wey
09-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Am I the only one here green with envy that this guy has not one, but three VGA devices?

0X

Menneisyys is a power user. His gadget addiction needs to be fed so that he can offer us fantastic tips. ;)

Menneisyys
09-07-2006, 09:52 AM
:)