View Full Version : video player for o2 xda mini

meeshoo
09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
what can i use for o2 xda mini as a video pkayer. win media player runs only wmv. for other extensions mpeg mpg avi specially what's the best application. what about the codecs? can a movie encoded for example divx be run on the ppc? thx

Nurhisham Hussein
09-03-2006, 02:48 AM
what can i use for o2 xda mini as a video pkayer. win media player runs only wmv. for other extensions mpeg mpg avi specially what's the best application. what about the codecs? can a movie encoded for example divx be run on the ppc? thx

The answer to all your questions is The Core Project Media Player aka TCPMP (http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/).

GSmith
09-03-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree with TCPMP. If you want to explore other options or different features, see www.FeederReader.com/mediachart.html for a comprehensive list of available audio and video players.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile news, blogs, audio, video, podcasts downloaded direct to your device
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

meeshoo
09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
i knew about this program, used it for a while but it's not what i expected, the idea to have to first modify it to make it "compatible" it's so "palm like" :( i tried first default program windows media player only runs wmv (quite badly actually) then pocket mvp, and pocket divx, pocket tv (now i have them all) :) yet i feel something is missing... i read the link to the list of best players, just thought that might be something else. thanks for the interest...

kjliew
09-14-2006, 04:20 AM
TCPMP is the BEST player, period. If this is not what you wanted, I am afraid no other player can meet your expectations, even paid software. This is not the fault of the software though, the Pocket PC platform is still no very good at video acceleration.

The reasons to re-encode the movie are plenty:
- you can store more movies.
- reduce CPU load, re-encoded movies are resized to fit into the device native screen, so the CPU does not need to stretch or shrink to fit. The bitrate of the movie is also reduced such that the CPU can handle it without choking.

Today the best device for video is the device equipped with both highest clocked XScale 624MHz and video accelerators that software know to use. TCPMP is also the best in taking advantage of video accelerators (Intel 2700G, ATI Imageon etc.) Specialized CPU instructions such as the XScale Wireless MMX) can help, too, but still inferior to video accelerators.