View Full Version : Pocket Informant 2007 Just Released

sarge458
08-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Webis has just released the 2007 v. of PI for retail :clap:

Marcel_Proust
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
And despite these features, they've mangaged to make it faster and more responsive. So, it has many features, but doens't get bogged down, and can be as simple as one wants it to be. This is one good piece of software imho. And it appears very reliable. Some kinks in the sync process with Franklin still going on I take it, but this is a brand new feature.
Unlike Textmaker, my favourite pet peeve for software that promises a lot, and is coming out with a paying upgrade, before they've ever fixed the first version. Adding insult to injury. Adding more features while the software is still unresponsive when typing, and closes randomly even on high end machines? I wish they had an agenda fusion to compete with them - that benefits everybody.
Or for that matter, WebIS's own Flexmail. Now in its second, somewhat improved and faster implementation. But - still, program crashes very often, does frequent funny things, and doesn't even do basic things well like sending a link from PIE, and so forth. This should still be a free fix for a program that never worked well in the first place, and is still not reliable. Like Textmaker, it is feature rich and has plenty of potential that can still be salvaged, but I think the unreliability of these programs harm the reputations of the companies in the long run. I don't want bullet proof, but non game info apps should be at least...dart proof? small gust of wind proof? mild breeze proof?