View Full Version : Deleting all contacts/calendar from the PPC

Pajim
08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in the forum, but I couldn't find it with a search.

It's a long story, but I need to delete all the contacts from my PPC (and all the tasks and all the calendar entries).

I've found two possible approaches. One is to delete them one by one. Ugh. The other is to do a hard reset and lose everything on the PC. Double ugh.

THe reason is that I share the PPC with someone else. I can easily delete the e-mail and connection, but not the others.

Can anyone suggest a solution? If there were only a control key on the keyboard. . . (Ctrl-A, menu/delete).

Pam

Clarkster
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sure someone will come up with a more elegant solution, but what I'd do is set up a new activesync partnership with a PC that doesn't have all these contacts on (or, if it does, delete them more easily there). I think when you set up a sync, you have the option to replace the PPC database with the PC's. Hope this makes sense.

Jason Dunn
08-29-2006, 10:05 PM
1) Sync the device
2) Disconnect the device
3) Create a new contacts folder in Outllok
4) Move all the contacts into that folder
5) Sync the device, it will purge the device
6) Disconnect the device
7) Move all your contacts back

This will work for any Outlook data folder.

juni
08-30-2006, 05:34 AM
I did it by hand on my smartphone - with the idea to sync them back (I edited the contacts and appointments in outlook, somehow travelling to the US and the UK had moved many of them by one day). So I hook it up to my pc and do the sync - with the result that all contacts and appointments were wiped from outlook too. :D

Luckily I had a backup of them all.

Menneisyys
08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in the forum, but I couldn't find it with a search.

It's a long story, but I need to delete all the contacts from my PPC (and all the tasks and all the calendar entries).

I've found two possible approaches. One is to delete them one by one. Ugh. The other is to do a hard reset and lose everything on the PC. Double ugh.

THe reason is that I share the PPC with someone else. I can easily delete the e-mail and connection, but not the others.

Can anyone suggest a solution? If there were only a control key on the keyboard. . . (Ctrl-A, menu/delete).

Pam

Pajim, do you have a WM5 or a pre-WM5 device? (The lack of Ctl-A support refers to WM5; still, I find it the best to ask this.)

Pajim
08-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the advice!

I have a CIngular 8125, one month old. I assume it's running the latest version of Windows Mobile, but I could figure out where to find out. I'm still getting used to this thing -- it's not much like my old Treo.

I'll try out some of these ideas and let you know how they work.

Pam

freemans
09-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Sprite Backup will allow you to backup selectively and restore after the hard reset. Its a trick to delete any file. :idea: