View Full Version : Voice dialling through bluetooth headset

tom dunne
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
I am the proud new owner of an O2 Atom :D . I can initiate calls with the Voice Dialler application by saying the person's name, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this through my bluetooth headset (Plantronics M3000).

The headset is working fine, I can receive calls through it and I have used it with my old SE P800 to issue voice dial commands, so I know it supports it (if that is the correct term?).

I can't seem to find any reference to it in the documentation. The software I am using comes with the Atom, it's Cyberon Voice Speed Dial.

Do Pocket PC phones even support voice dialling through the bluetooth headset?

Brad Adrian
08-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I know that Pocket PC Phone Editions do support voice dialling via a Bluetooth headset, but the documentation I found for the M3000 makes it sound as though the headset may be the problem (on page 10):

http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_resources/literature/user_guides/M3000.pdf

"MAKING A CALL:
To make a call, dial using your telephone keypad or voice-dialing capabilities."

tom dunne
08-30-2006, 09:06 AM
I know that Pocket PC Phone Editions do support voice dialling via a Bluetooth headset, but the documentation I found for the M3000 makes it sound as though the headset may be the problem (on page 10):

Yeah, I saw that, but I have used the headset successfully with other phones.

I have done some more searching (note to self: Google first, then ask) - it appears nobody has got voice dialling working on the Atom. But there are a few hacks out there for MVC which I might try.

I'll post back if I get it working.