View Full Version : Where does WM 5 keep its app crash logs?

Jonathan1
08-29-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm getting seriously frustrated with Missing Sync. The exe on my iPaq 4700 keeps crashing when it syncs the contacts. (THIS is why I normally do not purchase software that doesn't allow you to try it out first.)

When it crashes WM 5 generates a crash report. A report I would love to send to the developers of Missing Sync. The problem is I can't copy the text in the log and I can't find anywhere on the system where these logs are stored. does anyone know where the error logs are stored or any way to copy them?

I'm about 10 seconds away from contacting these guys asking for my money back. Crappy software IMHO.

Janak Parekh
08-29-2006, 04:45 PM
When it crashes WM 5 generates a crash report. A report I would love to send to the developers of Missing Sync. The problem is I can't copy the text in the log and I can't find anywhere on the system where these logs are stored. does anyone know where the error logs are stored or any way to copy them?
Hmm, that's a good question. I don't know if it's even kept. ;) I can make an inquiry and see if anyone knows.

I'm about 10 seconds away from contacting these guys asking for my money back. Crappy software IMHO.
Before you do that, have you tried contacting them and asking for help? I have had very few problems with any version of Missing Sync and they've been actively updating the product to fix the bugs. I've also contacted them for support and they're reasonably responsive. Finally, they released v2.5.1 recently, have you tried that?

--janak